Monday, July 28, 2014

Dressing for an Interview







 



 
I had an interview this past Friday (fingers crossed) and that got me thinking about a post: what to wear to an interview?
First, it depends on the job you are applying for. They say "dress for the job you want, not the job you have." Brilliant advice. This it true for interviewing for the job you want.
If you are interviewing for a job in the fashion industry (lucky!) you can be more liberal with what you wear. You would want to show YOUR personal style and be creative. However, with the rest of the professional world conservative is better.
I wanted to look chic, professional and classic (with a hint of Olivia style).
Its always good to stick with neutrals, but pops of color can also look great!
My philosophy with interviews is be classic, and add little hints of your style.
 I wore one of my favorite gold buckle bracelets, gold ring and Kate Spade purse to add some subtle style.
 
My interview philosophies:
 
 Never show your shoulders.
Don't show cleavage. Just don't.
If you are wearing something sheer, wear a cami or slip underneath.
No mini skirts or short dresses.
Don't over accessorize.
A great blazer is always a good idea.
Nice shoes! Its all about the shoes!
 
Go forth and be Professional!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great advice. Your sample "look" is terrific.

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete