Monday, August 11, 2014

Vamp

 







 
I have always had fair skin.
I remember the glorious days of middle school dreaming of tan, golden legs. (no doubt in Spanish class when I should have been studying)
I have been through spray tanner, tan towels, tanning beds and more. All in pursuit of that Michael Kors model tan.
However...
Over the past several years I have come to love my fair skin.  I finally embrace it.
My skin is healthier and happier. I think I started to love light skin when I noticed celebrities throwing away the fake tanner. All of a sudden celebrities were rocking the light skin. Amanda Seyfried, Scarlett Johansson, Emma Stone and so many others look so beautiful with fair skin.
 
This past Friday I wanted to enhance my light skin with an all black outfit and red lips.
I felt like a vampire and I loved it.
The cool kind of Vampire from True Blood though, not the sparkly Twilight kind. ;)
 
I wore this black blouse tucked into my black quilted skirt with my snakeskin loafers.
Black on black has always been a personal fave.
(Also, I am obsessed with these androgynous pointy toe loafers)
 
Sometimes our flaws become our favorite features. They are what make us unique.
Embrace them.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment