Sunday, June 1, 2014

Gingham Style


 
 
 
 
 
Me and my sword Needle for you Game of Thrones fans.



French hen sweater. J Crew.
 
 
Gingham has come on the fashion world's radar recently. Yes, this is the print from Dorothy's dress in the Wizard of Oz. Currently I have 2 J. Crew gingham button downs ( pictured above) , but I  have  my eye out for a midi gingham skirt.
If you don't want to go full out Dorothy, opt for a button down you can layer.
These shirts can easily stand on their own or go great under a sweater (pictured above.)
Since its a million degrees in summer here, I tied this shirt at my waist and wore it with a chiffon skirt recently for a more summery look.
 
I love gingham dresses for summer.
There is something very American about them.
Topshop has some great dresses and skirts I am currently looking at.
Since this print feels vintage, opt for a more modern silhouette.
(Kerry Washington and Lauren Conrad have both been seen wearing this retro print)
Hopefully there will be more gingham outfits to come... stay tuned....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment