Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mixed Media

 
 
 

 
 
 
 




 
 





 
 
 



 

 
 
I chose the name of my blog to be "Stripes and Spots" for a couple reasons.
One, I love striped T-shirts and polka dot prints.
(I'm pretty sure half of my closet is striped shirts... thank you France)
The second reason is one of my favorite looks is one with mixed prints or textures.
And the last reasons is, I love unexpected outfits. Mixing media is such an unexpectedly chic way to dress.
Unpredictable clothing is my favorite... I remember one of my favorite outfits in college was a striped t shirt with a high waisted floral skirt and ballet flats. It was a simple silhouette but the prints mixed together made it look stylish and different.
The key to mixing is to have one thing in common. Whether is be fabric, color or style, one media should be uniform.
In this look I chose to stick with cool colors and a little bit of a boho style. I paired the lace skirt with  a t shirt and sandals to make it more casual for daytime.  I added the print headband (which has a little purple in it to tie to the skirt) for a little extra style.
 
I am SO excited to be featured on notoriouslydapper.com for Women Fashion Wednesday! I love his blog and am beyond happy to be on it!!! I would love to hear your feedback!!!
 
Go check out the feature!! notoriouslydapper.com under category #WFW
 
 
Photo credits to Kelvin of Notoriously Dapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment