Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Into the Tropics

 
I am a big believer in investing in timeless pieces, but I love a good steal on a trend.
Splurge on the staples, and have fun with the trends you like.
 
Tropical and palm tree prints have been a mini trend this season. Personally, I think these prints are always great for summer and won't go out of style. Tropical prints can go a little "Tommy Bahama" and "luau" ish though, which is not so good . To avoid a slide into the Hawaiian lual theme , accessories with  "un-beachy" modern pieces like stilettos, sneakers, structured satchels etc..
. I love this funky print on this simple shift silhouette.

The other trend is on my feet.
Sneakers!
When Chanel débuted their glamorous sneakers that was it, sneakers were everywhere.
Tennis shoes and Vans- esque slides are all over the fashion world.
This may be one of the most comfortable trends, and I am okay with that.
My favorite way to wear fashion sneakers is mixed with feminine pieces.
Sporty and feminine can be a great pairing.
Casual sneakers can make a feminine dress less stuffy and more effortless.
Not mention more comfy.
 
 
What do you think of fashion sneakers?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







 
 
 


 

 
 
 
 

 
 



 
 
 

 
 
 
 
Dress: Zara   Shoes: TopShop   Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great look! I love it!! The sneakers are so cute with that awesome dress!!

    ReplyDelete