Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Rainy Day Laziness




Sometimes I absolutely love rainy days.
Rainy days give me an excuse to relax and be lazy.... which we probably all need more of.
 A day filled with wine, magazines and a book sounds like heaven.
I tend to get wrapped up in work and so busy sometimes I forget to slow down and relax.
Probably a very common issue.
 
One thing rainy days can mess up: your outfit.
We've all been there where you have the perfect outfit planned out, but the weather screws it all up. Whether its rain, snow, cold or just freaking hot and humid all the time like it is here, weather can mess up your plans. And I'm a planner, so I do not like this. wah.
However...if you have the right pieces in your closet you can have a chic, easy, rain appropriate outfit in minutes.
I've posted about Hunter boots before, but again I will say they are a wonderful staple for any closet.
Second rainy staple: the Anorak jacket.
Anoraks are chic, rain or shine.
(or a trench coat...I LOVE trench coats)
Add a t shirt and jeans and you're ready for a chic and appropriate day in the rain.
 
 
 
 
 




 

 
 
 




 
 
 
 

Notice my cute doggy :)
 
 
 
Dress for yourself, and the occasion.
 


2 comments:

  1. Lupita is a goddess gah <3 Hunter boots are nice! But lots of girls at my school wear them... I usually just wear my nubuck leather sneakers and step carefully in the rain :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's another good way to do it! And yes she is a goddess!! :)

      Delete